Grassroot by Anita Dongre – Beautiful Handcrafted Dresses for Women
Any attire becomes special and enhanced when it’s handcrafted. And when we’re talking about handcrafted dresses for women, these words become all the way dearer to us. There’s an extra dose of fit, finishing and personalization added to it. There are a variety of labels that cater to this category of fashion and one such name is Grassroot by the well-known and renowned designer, Anita Dongre.
The couturier is known for her Indian bridal and wedding collection across the globe and now making news for handcrafted dresses for women under the category and name of Grassroot. We recently got a chance to review her collection online and every silhouette gave us one more reason to shop. Here’s a list of BM’s top favourite numbers from the collection.
1. Handwoven Ikat Dress: When we saw this Ikat weave in handcrafted cotton fabric we knew this has to top our charts of favourites. Then those pleats are working in our favours to give that perfect and comfortable fit and makes this dress a must-have for casual dressing. The fringe detailing on the cuff and hemline are adding the required drama.
2. Handwoven Tunic Dress: There are days when your moods start screaming in a loud feminine tone but you want to keep it formal and classy. We’ve just found the perfect number for you in this handcrafted cotton tunic dress that has a standing collar and a V-neckline. The intricate embroidery keeps it feminine and classy.
3. Handwoven Shift Dress: Kill your Monday blues in this red shift dress in handcrafted cotton fabric. It has full sleeves style and a mandarin collar that’s equally formal and stylish for your day meetings. The belt accentuates your curves and floral embroidery gives an interesting tough to your look.
4. Handwoven A-line Dress: Add a glam touch to your Friday dressing and get your moods from ‘Work to Wow’ with this A-line dress in handcrafted silk fabric. Full sleeves give a formal look during the day at work while that choker neck cut out adds ounces of style quotient while you hit the pub on a Friday night.
5. Handwoven Jamdani Midi Dress: For days when ‘playing dressy’ is all on your mind, and when a cotton dress wouldn’t impress you much, Grassroot by Anita Dongre also has a list of formal dresses that gels well with your decked up moods. This particular piece in handcrafted Jamdani silk fabric and a classy silhouette of A-line in midi length works perfect for those cocktail sessions and team lunches. The sheer hem with floral woven detailing adds that required mix of glam and class-apart style.
Add these handcrafted dresses from the Grassroot collection by Anita Dongre to your wardrobe and celebrate each day in your fashionably best avatar.
Photo Credits: Anita Dongre Grassroot
- Rashi Gaur