The Midas Touch: 10 Reasons to adopt Turmeric
The golden tone of Indian curries! Nothing can beat the taste and aroma of it. Turmeric, the tiniest ingredient in our daily food intake is not only an important part of our kitchen but it has also been proven to be one of the top contenders in the world's healthiest foods category. We at BM tell you ten different reasons why you should be adding this magic spice in your regular diet.
1. Anti-Inflammatory: Curcumin, the main substance that turmeric is made of, has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It acts as a prevention and even a cure (in prolonged doses) against major inflammatory diseases and helps keep your immune system strong.
2. Beauty: Since ancient era, turmeric has proven its beauty benefits and has a strong presence in Indian traditional beauty treatments. This magic spice is popular for fairness, flawless skin and anti-ageing properties.
3. Antiseptic: Apart from its anti-inflammatory property, turmeric is a well-known antiseptic that has been used to cure wounds and cuts. It prevents the wounds from bacteria and germs and help in faster healing.
4. Reduces Cholesterol: Research has proven that adding turmeric as a food seasoning can help in controlling cholesterol, which as a result keeps heart healthy and prevents cardio-vascular diseases.
5. Arthritis: Turmeric being anti-inflammatory in nature helps in treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Research has proven that those who consume turmeric on a regular basis experience much relief in joint pain and arthritis related issues.
6. Alzheimer's Disease: Adding turmeric in your daily diet and taking curcumin as a supplement can cross the blood-brain barrier which as a result show improvement in the medical process of Alzheimer's disease.
7. Immunity Booster: Lipopolysaccharide, the second substance in turmeric helps in stimulating the body's immune system. It's antibacterial and antifungal properties help in strengthening the immunity and thus prevents the body from frequent common colds and flu incidents.
8. Promotes Balanced Moods; Cures Depression and Anxiety: Adding turmeric to your daily diet helps in elevating moods by balancing hormones. Research show that taking curcumin supplements for an effective period helps in treating depression and anxiety related issues.
9. Controls Diabetes: Turmeric can be used to moderate insulin levels and thus in treating diabetes. It also improves glucose control and reduce insulin resistance which may help in prevention of Type 2 diabetes.
10. Prevents Cancer: Turmeric is a proven beneficial herb in the direction of cancer treatment. It can affect the growth of cancer-cells on molecular level which may result in prevention and sometimes even in the treatment of disease.
Add this magic potion to your life and stay healthy, the yummy way.